3 minutes 21 seconds
That is how long I had to speak with him for the next 9 days.
The conversation went a little like this:
"I will not be able to talk to you anymore till I return from the bush. I love you. I miss you. God is so faithful. Give the children hugs and kisses."
My husband then said a prayer over our family, and we said goodbye.
That was it. I hardly was able to say a word through the tears. But I knew he could tell everything I wanted to say.
Oh, how I wanted to say much more.
How I wanted him to know how proud I was of him.
How I can't wait to hear and see all the things God is guiding him to.
Don't forget to take your Malaria medication. (The mom in me)
Your sons love you and think you are the coolest for being there.
The support you have back home is incredible.
The prayers you have interceding for you, is amazing.
But you see, that would have taken so much longer than what we had.
Time is a precious thing. It can drag on. It can fly by. One thing that is true, you can never get it back. Words left unsaid. Emotions never communicated. Amends never made.
Please do not let the precious minutes pass you by without always showing those you love how you really feel. Do not let bitterness and hurt hold you back from all God has in store for you.
I truly wish I had more to say for this post.
Keep praying for our family. Pray for my husband. Pray for my children.
Hope to be writing again soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment